Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back on track!

Was working tonight on the shield.  Instead of scraping the whole thing and starting anew, I decided to reprint the problem areas and keep the materials I had already printed out.


The white areas are the reprints while the gray areas are the original that I hadn't pieced together yet.  I found that trying to do this with just two hands is quite the challenge and with no one to help me I had to call on a little help.

These little bad boys held the pieces together like little champs.  At the most, I've only needed about four at a time and even then I could have skated by with just one or two.  Got a lot done tonight and I was happy with today's work.  While I didn't continue gluing pieces on, I took some more parts and finished up the outline of the shield.


So far, I'm quite proud of it!  I just have to finish gluing the outline together, then I can start in on the guts!  After then,  I'll start putting coats of resin on it to prep it for the bondo... which remind me I should go buy some tomorrow. Thanks for joining me!

-Goob

No comments:

Post a Comment